Scheme Actuary Work
Our experienced team of actuaries provide scheme actuary services to the trustees and sponsoring employer of defined benefit pension plans and this role includes:
- Preparation of funding actuarial valuations to help establish the rate of contribution required to fund the pension plan, including sensitivity analysis, and to provide a check on the current financial status of the plan.
- Advice on the cost and impact of proposed benefit amendments.
- Annual solvency testing.
- Preparation of actuarial funding certificates and actuarial statements as required under the Pensions Act.
- Pensions Authority funding proposal calculations.
- Liaising with the Pensions Authority on funding and other issues.
- Advice on the risks and potential returns inherent in any proposed investment strategy.
- Investment Strategy – asset and liability studies to ensure that the investment strategy adopted by a pension plan is appropriate.
- Valuations for small self-administered pension plans.
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please contact John Byrne.
Other services that may interest you:Pensions Restructructing and Plan Reviews
Employer's Covenant Review